Monday, March 21, 2011
It's giveaway time!!!
14K Gold Unique Branch with Pearl Necklace
How to enter this giveaway:
For each thing that you do, you must leave separate comments for each entry. If there are 3 entries for an item, you have to comment 3 times.
1. Visit my Etsy store, www.ysmdesigns.etsy.com and comment on your favorite item in the store and post the link on the comment (1 entry).
2. Heart my Etsy store. You must tell me your Etsy user name (1 entry).
3. Follow this blog (1 entry). Existing follower. (5 entries)
4. “like” my fan page on Facebook (2 entry). Existing fans (4 entries)
5. Blog about this giveaway. You must include the link of the giveaway and my Etsy store, www.ysmdesigns.etsy.com. Don’t forget to include your blog link in the comment. (3 entries)
6. Follow me on Twitter, @ysmdesigns (1 entry). Existing follower (2 entries)
7. Tweet about this giveaway. Include this link to the giveaway. Make sure you @ysmdesigns so I can confirm it. You get 2 entries for every tweet and you can tweet once a day for a maximum of 5 days.(2 entries)
8. Purchase an item from my store, you get 2 extra entries per $20. Don’t forget to leave 2 separate comments for every $20 telling me what you purchased.
9. Add me to your circle on Etsy (2 entries)
- The drawing will take place on April 21 at 10pm PST
- The winner will be chosen via a random number generator (www.random.org)
- Your email contact information must be available for me to contact you if you win
- This drawing is available only to winners in the US and Canada
I will contact the winner after the drawing. The winner will have 2 days to respond with their mailing information before another name will be chosen. Thanks for entering and good luck!
And don't forget...Please let your friends and family know that from March 15- April 15, 10% of all proceeds from my shop will be donated to the Red Cross for the Japan Tsunami relief effort.
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Thousands of Japanese on the North East coast of Japan are suffering from the aftermath of the 8.9 earthquake and the tsunami on Friday, March 11. Now, they are battling with imminent threat of a nuclear meltdown in their power plants. From what I heard in the news this evening, the latest death toll can be up to 11000. So far, over 3000 people are confirmed dead and more than 7000 are still missing. The impact of this disaster is felt all around the world. Japan, after all is still one of the biggest economy in the world. Cars as well as many computer parts are still made in Japan, and the earthquake and tsunami have destroyed many of their factories. My husband goes to Japan every other week for business and because of this disaster, he decided to cancel his next upcoming trip. I am sure many foreign businessmen in Japan has left the country and businesses with Japan have come to a temporary halt. So let's help them!
I have decided to donate 10% of the proceeds from YSM Designs from March 15- April 15 to the Red Cross. If you know of any other shops or businesses who are doing the same, please post on the comment thread, I'd be happy to promote them on my Etsy shop as well as my blog.