About Me

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Shop and Help the Japan Tsunami Victims



Thousands of Japanese on the North East coast of Japan are suffering from the aftermath of the 8.9 earthquake and the tsunami on Friday, March 11. Now, they are battling with imminent threat of a nuclear meltdown in their power plants. From what I heard in the news this evening, the latest death toll can be up to 11000. So far, over 3000 people are confirmed dead and more than 7000 are still missing. The impact of this disaster is felt all around the world. Japan, after all is still one of the biggest economy in the world. Cars as well as many computer parts are still made in Japan, and the earthquake and tsunami have destroyed many of their factories. My husband goes to Japan every other week for business and because of this disaster, he decided to cancel his next upcoming trip. I am sure many foreign businessmen in Japan has left the country and businesses with Japan have come to a temporary halt. So let's help them!

I have decided to donate 10% of the proceeds from YSM Designs from March 15- April 15 to the Red Cross. If you know of any other shops or businesses who are doing the same, please post on the comment thread, I'd be happy to promote them on my Etsy shop as well as my blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment